Doin the Tookie Two Step
After reading story after story about “Nobel Prized Nominated” felon Tookie Williams, I am feeling downright disenfranchised.
I have read the criterion for Nomination for a Nobel Prize and Damnit, I want one too.
New nomination rules, effective from 2003. Compared to the old rules the list of nominators has been slightly expanded.
Any one of the following persons is entitled to submit proposals:
- members of national assemblies and governments;
- members of international courts of law;
- university chancellors; university professors of social science, history, philosophy, law and theology;
- leaders of peace research institutes and institutes of foreign affairs;
- former Nobel Peace Prize laureates;
- board members of organizations that have received the Nobel Peace Prize;
- present and past members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; (committee members must present their nomination at the latest at the first committee meeting after February 1);
- former advisers at the Norwegian Nobel Institute.
Observing the rules given in the statutes of the Nobel Foundation, the Committee does not publish the names of candidates.
So, as I read it, nearly any University Professor can nominate someone.
So, here is my proposal;
All I need is for one of you out there who teaches say “Lesbianism in Modern Agriculture and its effect on Combine design” to drop little old knewshounds name to the Nobel Committee telling them what a good all around guy I am.
I mean, if a guy that kills 4 people in robberies, starts a street gang and then, in a moment of sanity, writes a children’s book that sells 350 copies is acceptable, a guy like me should have the same honor.
Or at least take my poster out of the Post Office anyway.
Or so it seems to me.
With tongue firmly implanted in my cheek.